This is the entry portal for 2019 Tasmanian Primary Track and Field Challenge to be held on Saturday 11 May and may be used by any age eligible bona fide schoolboy or girl turning 10, 11 or 12 years during 2019. The Challenge also incorporates the selection trials for the 2019 School Sport Australia 12 and under Track and Field to be held in Darwin from 19 to 23 September 2019. [Note that the 2019 Primary All Schools will continue to be held as usual with the secondary age groups in October.]
There is a separate entry point for athletes who are currently registered with Athletics Tasmania and another for those who are not. Please be sure to enter via the correct point for the athlete's current status. PLEASE NOTE - athletes registered with Little Athletics Tasmania Clubs are NOT Athletics Tasmania registered.
1. The following events will comprise the Challenge in 2019 with the exception that the high jump and comebined events are not offered for para athletes.
12 Years (2007 born): 100m; 200m; 800m; high jump, long jump, shot put (3kg), discus throw (750gm), combined event (100m/long jump/shot put/800m)
11 Years (2008 born): 100m; 200m; 800m; high jump, long jump, shot put (2kg), discus throw (750gm), combined event (100m/long jump/shot put/800m)
10 Years (2009 born): 100m; 200m; 800m; high jump, long jump, shot put (2kg), discus throw (500gm), combined event (100m/long jump/shot put/800m)
The portal also includes the possibility to enter the 1500m. These events will not form part of the Challenge but a selection opportunity will be offered within the 1500m events at the PSST Carnival to be held in Launceston the previous day (Friday 10 May). Athletes not selected for the 1500m in their PSST team or attending schools not affiliated with PSST should enter through this portal and will be considered by AT for an invitation place in the PSST events (up to 5 spots per event can be offered).
2. If possible please complete your entry on line. If this is not possible for you or if you are experiencing problems completing this on-line entry form please contact email@example.com with full details of your issue and a telephone number for contact. Late entries (in accordance with the principles in the applicable Technical Regulations) will not be offered on-line. Contact must be made directly with the AT office in person or by phone or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. All events shall be conducted in accordance with the rules of the IAAF, Athletics Australia and Athletics Tasmania.
4. Please enter for each event by indicating the approriate event box and indicating your best performance since 1 October 2018. Athletes may enter as many events in their age group as they wish with the exception that high jump and combined events are not offered for para athletes.
5. Entries will close at 10.00pm on Tuesday 7 May, 2019.
6. Refunds - no refunds will be issued for any reason.
7. Apart from late entries (see clause 8) there is no individual or combined event entry fee for this meet - just a single one-off meet entry fee of $16.50 (including GST) per athlete. [$11 (including GST for AT members]. All entered athletes will receive a Challenge Pack.
8. Late entries will be considered in accordance with the Technical Regulations. However a Late Entry Fee of $5.50 per individual and $11 per combined event will apply to ALL entries received after the closing date. Entries on the day of competition will be considered in accordance with the Technical Regulations.
9. Athletes must be bona fide school students and must be age eligible as of 31 December 2019.
10. Age Qualification – All competitors in the 10, 11 and 12 years events must be born in 2009, 2008 and 2007 respectively.
11. Athletes with a para-athlete classification and wishing to compete with such classification must indicate their existing or expected classification in the relevant box on the entry form. Para-athletes will in general where circumstances permit compete simultaneously with all athletes of their age group in each event entered. Para Athletes without any existing classification should discuss the most appropriate class in which to enter with Hannah Ibbott in the AT Office.
12. Event confirmation will take place in accordance with the technical regulations. All athletes and coaches should ensure that they are familiar with these regulations which together with the timetable, other event nees and policy information are available on the web site on www.tasathletics.org.au .